Enter Stage Write UK is open
The screenwriting and playwright competition is currently open, and will close April 30th 2021, midnight.
The Enter Stage Write gala will be in summer 2021, although we are not sure if we can have a live event - but the performance (whether streamed or pre-recorded) will be released to the public in the same format as usual. We are closely following COVID guidelines as to when filming can begin either on stage or in a film studio in either London or Birmingham.
- Darcia Martin, Director for BBC and Channel 4 TV Shows
- Chris Sudworth, Director of Artistic Programme at Birmingham Hippodrome
- Lisa Walters, Development Executive and Script Editor at Channel 4, Producer on BAFTA nominated "On The Edge"
- Miguel Parga, Emmy Award winning Director
- Piero Basso, cinematographer and Chair of the Cinematography Program at New York Film Academy
- Anya Camilleri, award winning Writer and Director
More judges will be announced soon. To enter and learn the terms and conditions, please see below.
WHAT IS ENTER STAGE WRITE?
Can you be the next Enter Stage Write Grand Champion?
- The Enter Stage Write event is an annual nationwide writing competition and a show for scriptwriters.
- A call for submissions of ten-minute-long scripts for television, radio, film or theatre is issued in the summer of each year.
- A panel of experts reviews the submitted scripts and puts together a shortlist of five scripts. The scripts will be adapted for the stage and performed by professional actors at the Enter Stage Write Grand Final by professional actors.
- In addition to the performance of the five shortlisted plays, the Enter Stage Write Grand Final features music acts and dance troupes.
- Two main awards are presented on the night: The Enter Stage Write Champion award, chosen by the judges, and the Enter Stage Write Audience award.
- The panel of ten judges is made up of leaders from the worlds of television, film and theatre.
- The Enter Stage Write Champion takes home a £1000 prize.
- The Enter Stage Write Grand Final takes place annually either in an online showcase or in a Theatre (depending on Covid-19 guidelines).
- All submitted scripts remain on the Transition Stage Company database for a year, during which time high-level industry executives have access to view and option the scripts for production.
- Writers retain the full rights to their scripts.
- Writers are advised to join the Writers Guild to benefit from guidance on protecting their intellectual property.
- This event not only raises the profile of writers but also of actors and side acts associated with Enter Stage Write.
If you would like to sponsor this event there will be a sponsorship package attached.
Enter Stage Write Global opens in May 2021
Open to contestants outside of the UK
Sign up to our mailing list
Follow us on social media
Get in touch