The screenwriting and playwright competitions are currently closed, and will re-open soon.
Transition Stage Company decided to film Enter.Stage.Write 2021 and adapted the theatre gala into a factual entertainment TV pilot for online viewing. We also hosted a screening of the event at the prestigious Birmingham Millenium Point Cinema in Birmingham.
Here are some notable judges we have had through the years:
- Darcia Martin, Director for BBC and Channel 4 TV Shows
- Chris Sudworth, Director of Artistic Programme at Birmingham Hippodrome
- Lisa Walters, Development Executive and Script Editor at Channel 4, Producer on BAFTA nominated "On The Edge"
- Miguel Parga, Emmy Award winning Director
- Piero Basso, AIC cinematographer and Chair of the Cinematography Program at New York Film Academy
- Anya Camilleri, award winning Writer and Director
- Martin Sketchley, West Midland's representative for the Writers' Guild of Great Britain
- Louise Le Puloch, FrenchKiss Pictures and Mediawan
- Lee Mason, Channel 4/Disney
More judges will be announced soon. To enter and learn the terms and conditions, please see below. Also, follow us on social media and sign up for our email list.
See Enter.Stage.Write 2021 adapted to the screen here:
Take a scriptwriting Master class session with Anna Southgate
As a Script and Development Consultant, Anna has partnered with the BFI, international TV and film producers, and supported a diverse range of writing talent – from Nicholl Fellowship award-winning screenwriters to best-selling authors. She was also a consultant on a stand-up show for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival which went on to enjoy a National Tour and two runs at London’s Soho Theatre.
Anna is also an award-winning writer-director of shorts, features, stage-plays, web and TV series, and has worked with BAFTA and Oscar-winning talent as well as the National Youth Theatre. Anna is currently developing a slate of XR projects with a keen interest in immersive storytelling through her production company www.movrshaker.com.
Book a professional masterclass entry with Anna Southgate to get a 25 minute consultation with her about your script, plus entry to Enter.Stage.Write and the chance to resubmit for free once you've implemented her advice and feedback.
WHAT IS ENTER.STAGE.WRITE AND ITS FRANCHISES?
Can you be the next Enter.Stage.Write or Amplified Grand Champion?
- The Enter.Stage.Write event is an annual nationwide writing competition and a show for scriptwriters.
- The Amplified Screenwriting and Playwriting Competition is part of the Enter.Stage.Write franchise.
- Enter.Stage.Write also has a spin of writing competitions that follow the same format. For example, Amplified focuses on Black and Asian minority comedy writers in the UK.
- A call for submissions of ten-minute-long scripts for television, radio, film or theatre is issued in the summer of each year.
- A panel of experts reviews the submitted scripts and puts together a shortlist of five scripts. The scripts will be adapted for the stage or screen and performed by professional actors at the Enter.Stage.Write Grand Final or in a factual entertainment format TV show.
- In addition to the performance of the five shortlisted plays, the Enter.Stage.Write Grand Final features music acts and dance troupes - unless we choose to film rather than stage the scripts. The filmed Enter.Stage.Write production will be showcased at a Cinema Gala event.
- Two main awards are presented on the night: The Enter.Stage.Write Champion Award, chosen by the judges, and the Enter.Stage.Write Audience Award.
- The panel of ten judges is comprised of leaders from the worlds of television, film and theatre.
- The Enter.Stage.Write Champion takes home a £1000 prize.
- The Enter.Stage.Write Grand Final takes place annually, either in an online showcase, theatre, or cinema screening.
- All submitted scripts remain on the Transition Stage Company database for a year, during which time high-level industry executives have access to view and option the scripts for production.
- Writers retain the full rights to their scripts.
- Writers are advised to join the Writers Guild to benefit from guidance on protecting their intellectual property.
- This event not only raises the profile of writers but also of actors and side acts associated with Enter.Stage.Write.
If you are a broadcaster or streamer and would like to sponsor this event, or if you are a business that wants to be at the forefront of social inclusion in the screen and stage industry, please reach out to email@example.com or contact us on our social media, and we will respond quickly.
The Winner of Enter.Stage.Write 2022
Congratulations, Victoria Buse, on a triple hattrick - winning the Enter.Stage.Write Grand Champion Award, the Enter.Stage.Write Audience Award, and the Social Media Award sponsored by Bootcamp Media!
Sign up to our mailing list
Follow us on social media
Get in touch